How to make the babysitter's first day go smoothly
By Babysits, 1 min read
You'll probably worry more about your babysitter's first day than your child will, so take a page out of their book and remember to relax!
Here are our tips for you:
- Know who you're dealing with! Make sure that you have already met the babysitter at least once before.
- Prepare some things for the babysitter, like your child's favourite games, snacks or movies, so that they have plenty to do together.
- Make sure that the babysitter is on time. Remember to exchange contact information with them beforehand so that they can let you know if they're running late.
- Provide a list of contact details (phone numbers, emergency contact details), details of sleeping schedules and any possible medications to your babysitter before you leave.
- Give the babysitter a tour of your house and show them where you keep everything that they might need like spare clothes for your child, a first aid kit, a flashlight, snacks, etc.