Healthy vegetable garden recipe
Vegetable recipes for kids can be tough to find.. but how else can we encourage kids to eat more veggies? Try making this healthy vegetable "garden" on crackers! It makes eating raw vegetables more appealing to kids and lets them use their creativity and imagination. You can also customize the garden and substitute your or your child's favourite raw veggies into the recipe. Find out how to get started below!
Makes: 1 serving per person per cracker
What you’ll need:
- Baby carrots
- Fresh herbs of your choosing
- Philadelphia cheese
- Multigrain crackers
What to do:
- First, mix your Philadelphia cheese with your freshly cut herbs and 1 clove of garlic
- Spread the cream cheese mix on top of some of your crackers
- Then chop off the ends of your carrots and radishes
- Stick your vegetables right side up in the cream cheese
- Take some of your extra crackers and crush them
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cream cheese so that your healthy snack looks like a vegetable garden
Enjoy your fun-healthy snack!